By giving to Ballarat Clarendon College our donors have made a commitment to help support the continued success of the school. In return, we have made a commitment to our donors; to honour their wishes, maintain good relationships and use their gift(s) responsibly.
Our Promise to Donors:
- acknowledge your gift promptly and appropriately
- ensure that your donation is directed to the project of your choice
- ensure unrestricted donations are used in a responsible manner which best fits the priorities of the school
- be happy to discuss your plans and give a school’s perspective before you give
- ensure that your right to privacy and request for anonymity are respected
- provide updates on how your gift has impacted our students
Ways in which we can recognise your commitment to Ballarat Clarendon College;
- by supporters receiving regular updates on the project’s success, including photos and personal invitations to events
- by considering marking major gifts in more specific ways, such as offering our donors the opportunity to name a room, building or project
- by publishing an annual list of donors according to their recognition circle in the December edition of the ringaroo, while respecting requests for anonymity
At Ballarat Clarendon College, we have adopted recognition circles in order to honour, thank and recognise the alumni, parents, staff and friends who help to advance our goals through their financial support. These circles honour donors who donate consecutively each year, with their membership into a specific circle based on the cumulative years they have given.
The circle names have been selected to honour the first five generations of families that have passed through our doors. Like these families, the circles represent the longevity we hope the school will have with our community. The circles have been ordered based on the year the first student from that family graduated from the school.
- Berry Circle 1869 – 15 years plus
- Crawford Circle 1881 – 10 years plus
- Buchanan Circle 1883 – 7 years plus
- Garbutt Circle 1901 – 5 years plus
- Morrow Circle 1902 – 3 years plus
- Douglas Circle 1926 – 1 year plus