Ballarat Clarendon College enrol a small number of international students.
Click the relevant links below to view further information
An English ability test is required for assessment for entry and the AEAS test is used for this purpose. There are various test centres which are listed on the AEAS website www.aeas.com.au. The results of this test will be sent to us with a recommendation of what entry level is most appropriate and how many weeks’ study of an intensive English language course is required prior to commencement of studies. Clarendon requires any ELICOS course to be undertaken at Avalon College in Lara just outside Melbourne. Further details about study at Avalon are available at http://www.avaloncollege.vic.edu.au. Entry to the School will be conditional upon the student completing their ELICOS course and obtaining a standard of English sufficient for them to enter the year level offered.
The School is registered to enrol international students from Years 7 to 12. The major intakes are at Years 10 and 11 with Year 10 preferred as this enables a student to settle into the College, consolidate their English language skills and catch up on any shortcomings in the subjects they might intend to pursue in VCE. The College does not accept enrolments into Year 12.
In the first instance a student should register using the registration form on the website at http://www.clarendon.vic.edu.au/admissions/enrolment/. Once this form along with the necessary documentation, deposit and AEAS Test report have been received the College will issue a Letter of Offer requesting –
- Acceptance of Offer to be completed
- Notarised translation of most recent school report
- Guardianship Arrangements
- Payment of monies detailed in the letter of offer. These include the prepaid first study period tuition and boarding fees, administration fee, enrolment deposit, overseas health cover and capital loan scheme contribution. All fees must be paid in Australian dollars.
Once documentation and funds are received and guardianship arrangements are in place the School will issue –
- The Confirmation of Enrolment Form (CoE)
- The Education Provider’s Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation/Welfare letter (CAAW), if required
These documents are necessary to apply for a student visa.