Ballarat Clarendon College is seeking a Software Developer to join the School’s Information Communication and Technology (ICT) team. This role will assist in developing software solutions to meet Clarendon’s requirements. Initial duties may include reviewing code, writing documentation, and following test procedures. Later duties may include responsibility for production software components. Work may include UI design, web design and maintenance, graphics development, and/or programming.
This is a permanent full-time position and the salary offered will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills, qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should apply on-line and are required to submit a cover letter, CV and brief statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Ballarat Clarendon College
Ballarat Clarendon College is a co-educational school associated with the Uniting Church. It is based in Ballarat, a rural city in the heart of Victoria, just over an hour’s drive from Melbourne, with a population of around 100,000 people. Approximately 1,500 students attend the school, from 3-year-old Early Learning to Year 12.
Ballarat Clarendon College is an equal opportunity employer and provides a non-smoking environment for all students and staff.
All staff are required to have an up to date Police Check and Working with Children Check (WWC), prior to commencing employment with the College.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum three years of programming experience.
- IT related knowledge and expertise:
- Accurate word processing skills and a broad knowledge of a range of computer packages, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Internet.
- Preferred knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Web Forms, WebAPI, RESTful APIs, Telerik/Progress, Android and iOS native application development.
- Desired recent exposure to front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Server and Workstation Operating Systems and Active Directory.
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (WordPress).
- Database manipulation, import/export and rollovers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and prioritise work in an environment with multiple and conflicting demands, utilising a high level of organisation and administration skills.
- Commitment to providing a high level customer focus service, including the ability to be both responsive and proactive in the provision of efficient quality service, involving direct customer contact, managing customer expectations whilst providing attention to detail, and an ability to relate tasks to the wider context.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to adapt to change, exercise initiative, working both independently and co-operatively as required.
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people from a diverse range of backgrounds including students, parents and staff via face-to-face, telephone, emails and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters diplomatically and discreetly.
Applications close on 28 April 2019
For further information, please click here for the Software Developer position description.