Fitness Centre & Rowing Tank – Virtual Tour
Construction of the new Fitness Centre and state-of-the-art Rowing Tank commenced in December 2015. The Centre will be ready for our students to enjoy in Term 2, 2017.
“The Philosophy behind the project is to engender an enjoyment of physical development into students’ lives now, so later in life they can continue to support positive choices about their physical well-being. As the Project Architect, it was my challenge to not only make a practicable and innovative building in harmony with the existing structures but to make the facilities engaging and exciting for students to want to learn more about exercise!” – Peter Williams, Founding Director of WBa Architects
Please click below to view a virtual demonstration of what this wonderful facility will provide for our students. If you are interested in supporting this project, please visit our How to Donate & Contact page.
Fitness Centre Progress
Term 1, 2016
Term 2, 2016
A great deal of progress has been made on the construction of our new Fitness Centre over the course of the last month.
The following structural updates have commenced and the project continues to run to schedule.
- Preparation for the pool base, including the laying of crushed rock and waterproofing, began this term.
- The base of the pool has been poured and the next stage will see the commencement of the steel framing for the building.
- The external walls and the internal steel structure of the changing rooms have been erected.
- The lift shaft for elevator has been installed.
- Our Rowing Tank materials have arrived in Ballarat from InRiver Tanks, USA.
Term 3, 2016
- The construction of the Fitness Centre is progressing well as per the building program.
- A considerable amount of rock has been excavated from the rowing tank area.
- The structural steel around the pool hall has been erected.
- The rowing tank is now being formed-up and prepared for concrete pouring.
- The change room area is almost ready for plastering.
Term 4, 2016
In the Fitness Centre, the concourse concrete has been poured around the rowing tank, which will allow for structural steel to start for the first floor above. Essentially, all the ground floor concrete has been poured. The change rooms are nearing completion.