The annual scholarship program will commence on Saturday 24 February 2018.
Scholarships provide from one-quarter to full remission of tuition fees for successful candidates. Scholarships are awarded for the entire period a student attends Clarendon providing that the holder continues to satisfy the Principal in all points of conduct and work.
Scholarships cover academic tuition fees only, unless stated otherwise. Normal enrolment fees apply. Scholarships do not cover additional costs such as uniforms, text books and equipment, camps and excursions or any other non-compulsory co-curricular activities such as performing arts lessons.
The Principal is the only person who can award a scholarship.
- For new or existing students entering Years 5 to 11 in 2019.
- Based on the results of testing conducted by Academic Assessment Services.
Performing and Visual Arts
- For new or existing students entering Years 7 to 11 in 2019.
- Scholarships are awarded in the areas of music, drama and dance based on the results of an audition/interview.
- Scholarships are awarded in the area of visual arts based on applicants presenting a portfolio of recent work to a panel and completing a drawing exercise.
APPLICATION AND TESTING ARRANGEMENTS
- Applications close on Sunday 18 February 2018.
- The Academic Assessment Services testing will be held on Saturday 24 February 2018.
- Venue – Ballarat Clarendon College, 1425 Sturt Street, Ballarat Vic 3350
- Time – 8.20am
- Alternative dates or times are not normally available.
Alternative arrangements MAY be made for rural and distant candidates who are unable to attend College on the day of the scholarship testing. These alternative arrangements involve additional costs. Please refer to rural and distance applications on the Academic Assessment Services website.
Performing and Visual Arts
- Applications close on Friday 16 February 2018 at 4pm.
- Auditions and interviews will be held on Saturday 24 February 2018.
- Venue – Performing Arts Centre, Ballarat Clarendon College, 1425 Sturt Street, Ballarat Vic 3350.
- Time – Students will be notified of their interview/audition time by email on Tuesday 20 February 2018.
- Academic Scholarship $85 (This fee also allows participation in the Performing and/or Visual Arts Scholarship program for no additional cost)
- Late registration will incur an additional administrative fee of $55.
- The fee for Performing and Visual Arts Scholarships only is $35.
WHAT TO BRING
Candidates should bring the following items with them in a clear bag or pencil case.
- two HB or B pencils
- two black or blue biros
- water bottle
The following items are not permitted.
- mobile phone
- programmable watch
ON THE DAY
- Students should arrive at the front of the senior campus (1425 Sturt Street) at 8.20am.
- Toilets will be available.
- Students are not required to wear school uniform.
- There will be a break for refreshments (provided) mid-morning.
- Testing for students will conclude at approximately 12.30pm.
- Parents of candidates are invited to morning tea at Café College where they will be able to meet staff and tour the campus. Parents also may choose to take this opportunity to explore the wonderful Ballarat area and enjoy a morning of sightseeing, shopping or dining.
HOW TO APPLY
Please select from the links below
Applications will be invited for the following scholarships during Term 2 2018. These are awarded to students who display talent in a variety of areas including, but not restricted to, leadership, commitment to community service, physical ability, performing arts, visual arts and a degree of academic ability but, more importantly, sustained commitment to their studies. The application process will include an interview for shortlisted candidates and referees will be required.
- For new students entering Years 9 to 11 in 2019.
- Offering up to one-half remission of tuition fees.
Geoff Brooks Memorial Scholarship
- For a student entering Year 11 in 2019 who, without the aid of the scholarship, would not otherwise have the opportunity to attend Ballarat Clarendon College.
- Offering full remission of tuition fees.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate their involvement in their community and their capacity for leadership.
Oliver Family Foundation Scholarships
- For a student entering Year 10 in 2019 who, without the aid of the scholarship, would not otherwise have the opportunity to attend Ballarat Clarendon College.
- Offering 50% remission of tuition fees.
- Awarded to an Excellence Scholarship applicant.
For scholarship enquiries, please contact the Registrar.
T + 61 3 5330 8312